The following presentation takes a look at the current status of New Zealand’s critical communications services, with reference to:
- Investments made in New Zealand’s communications infrastructure
- Availability of commercial network coverage
- What are the essential and critical communications services
- The difference between mission-critical vs consumer, cellular services.
- Design considerations for mission-critical services
- Industry standards, challenges and overall readiness.
- Standards-based features and functions
- Evolution of cellular standards
- Dedicated vs shared resources and capabilities
- Pros and cons of aligning with industry standards
Pete Bains – Technical Consulting, Bainz Consulting Ltd