WORKSHOP: ARCIA Professional Development Training Workshop – multicoupling
The workshop aims to provide industry professionals with targeted industry-specific training as it relates to multicoupling, to enhance their professional learning and development pathways. The workshop will contain theory and practical components focusing on:
- What is multicoupling?
- Why use it?
- Typical components
- The role of filters
- Receiver desensitisation
- Transmitter noise desense
- Transmitter carrier desense
- How much isolation is needed?
- Single vs separate antennas
- Typical transmitter combiners
- Parallel (Star)
- Combiner frequency limitations
- Insertion loss vs channel spacing
- Typical receiver combiners
- Other considerations
- AS/NZS 5070.1:2008
- Siting and operation of radiocommunications facilities
- PIM (passive intermodulation)
- PIP (peak instantaneous power)
- Lightning (grounding)
- Comparison of isolation requirements
- Wide guard bands
- Narrow guard bands
- Cavity tuning
- Setting insertion loss/selectivity
- Coarse and fine tuning
- Tuning insertion loss vs return loss
- Milled preselector tuning
- Tuning return loss and selectivity
WORKSHOP: Mapping and GIS fundamentals for critical communications
GIS and mapping is a science. So it is therefore very understandable why it can be so confusing in its application within radiocommunications. Most modern-day radio management systems and GPS tracking applications are map based. This permits the GPS display of radio terminals along with other points of interest. Some of the most common questions asked of mapping and GIS consultants are:
- What maps can I display in my radio management system?
- My client wants to use Google maps; can they?
- What are the costs of mapping engines?
- My client wants to display their own points of interest on a mapping engine. How can they do this?
- What is a Tile Mapping Service (TMS) and how can it be customised?
- What free TMS are available?
- What aerial imagery format does my client require to generate a TMS?
- What is the difference between vector and raster data?
- How can I incorporate GPS information from my radio network into my own GIS server or mapping application?
If you have ever asked or been asked any of these questions then this workshop if for you! The ‘Mapping and GIS fundamentals for critical communications’ workshop will examine all aspects of the requirements for mapping and GIS to help cater for you or your clients’ needs.
Training worshops included in conference fee